Sunday, April 6, 2008

What do you want to title this? "I dont care."

It’s time to update the blog again.  

Visitors-Blessed to have 3 visitors this past month. Anyone’s welcome! Hint, hint, wink, wink

It seems like we’ve been busy lately. Micah Rigdon is visiting right now. He and Chris have had lots of fun boy time (sportsapalooza, pizza, movies, pizza) and we’re so glad he got to come and see us. 

Pam Yates and Katie were visiting family in Indiana for spring break and they made the trek over to KY to go to dinner with us and see our apt. We went to this crazy little diner and had a great time. It was so good to see some friends and catch up. Thanks for coming! We love you guys. 

Retreat-

Today I went the women’s retreat at our church. It was nice to get to meet some new people and experience something different. There were about 120 women there and the theme was, “Growing in Grace.” They had breakfast, lunch, small groups, worship, and a main speaker from 8:30am-4:30pm. Overall it was a good experience.

Traveling-  Chris and I did some traveling on the same weekend. The timing worked out perfectly.

St. Louis and Chicago- I played in my first wizard rock show at a library in Champagne, IL.  I got to hang out with Cary, Cassie, and Stacy for some much needed girl time. We all met in St. Louis at Cary’s sister’s house, which was our home base. Then we drove to the show to play. There were probably about 75 people there and we opened.  It was tons of fun.  After that we drove to Chicago for a day of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which was disappointing, shopping, eating fabulous pizza, etc. It was a wonderful weekend.

Meanwhile Chris was in D.C. at a conference at Capital Hill Baptist Church with Dennis, Chuck, and Larry. He learned a lot and it was a good time for him to spend with family. 

Easter-

We got to go see the Southeast Christian Church Easter pageant.  It was quite the production. I’m talking amazing sets, talent, lighting, cinematography everything.  It was a really good show too. I mean all the amazing stuff wasn’t a distraction from the story, it just helped make it really impactful and professional. The facility is pretty neat too. It kind of reminded me of a mall though, escalators and semi restaurant, book store etc. I think they have around 18,000 members or something crazy like that.  It was a great experience and the tickets were free because a guy at my work really wanted Chris and me to go, so he bought them for us, so nice!

Jobs-

Chris has decided to substitute teach occasionally when his schedule allows. One of the highlights of my month was hearing him tell me the events of his first day with an 8th grade science class. To say the least is was quite challenging and he will keep well clear of choosing to go to that school again. I believe you can read his face book to get an in depth look at his experience. 

I started a new job this week.  I now work for Campus Quilt as the customer service/marketing/whatever it takes to make it happen person.   It’s a family owned company which takes T-shirts and makes them into quilts (campusquilts.com) . The son & daughter in law of my former boss own the company and hired me after I told my boss at the refrigeration company that I was looking for something else.  It’s quite interesting and I’m learning lots of new things. I love that I stay busy! I basically don’t stop until 3pm after UPS picks up all the quilts for the day. It’s really nice and I enjoy the people I work with.  I’m very thankful that God has opened this door for me. 

Well, I guess that about wraps up what’s been going on with us over the past month.  Chris is still doing well at school and learning tons. My class these 6 weeks is New Testament/Old Testament Survey and I love it. I’m learning so much! I recommend everyone take some sort of class like this.  I feel like God has given Chris and me this time to really soak up as much as possible and we are. I just pray that as we learn more, that this information would filter into our hearts and grow in us a deeper love for God.  Because how can I love God if I do not know Him, and how can I know God if don’t learn from His word that He’s given me to see what He’s like and who He is.  

But I know that I am capable of learning about Him and not letting that affect my life and actions.  So, I am praying that God will help Chris and me process all these life, school, and marriage experiences so that we can mature and most of all love God and people more.  God truly is in every breath, whether I stop and recognize it or not, but I hope that I can be a women who recognizes God in each breath and that as I breath in and out that it would be with a full recognition that He gives me life and breath and that He is the center and source.

 We love and miss you.  

Chris and Andrea

4 comments:

Mama Jessica said...

I am glad to hear that you got a new job! I had been praying for you in that area. Tell Chris good luck with his subing! I know I couldn't do it at all. Well we miss you guys.

Rachel said...

It sounds like you two are keeping busy! I'm so glad you found a new job that you're enjoying! That's really great :) We miss you!

the rigdons said...

oh our husbands...
i so wish i could have been there.
i miss you!!

Esther said...

ahh, i totally forgot about this until i saw your facebook! but don't worry, i subscribed to it haha! anyway, i love you and miss you! can't wait to see you this summer!