Sunday, March 9, 2008

March update

Hello family and friends!

We have not disappeared off the face of the earth, but we've had a busy couple of months. In January I went home for Stacy Spencer's wedding to Seth Kastner. It was beautiful and we had a blast! Here are a couple of pictures from it.

















Last month I traveled home to get lasik eye surgery. Since we have been in KY I haven't been able to wear my contacts. Something with the different allergies here or something. It's been a bummer and after some saving and gift from family we decided to go for it. I was really blind. Like really. -7 and -6.50 but now, can I get a drum roll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'm 20/20! It's amazing. I wake up in the morning and I can see. It's amazing. I would like to take a moment to thank Dr. David Jackson and team at Dean McGee in OK. You guys rock. Anyway, i had a great experience and I'm so glad I was able to do it. (P.S. I flew home by myself because Chris wasn't going to be able to come back with me, but he surprised me by flying to OK on Valentine's Day so he could be with me during the surgery. It was such a blessing). (P.P.S-I was sick with the flew when I came home for the surgery and then got a stomach bug after the surgery so if I didn't get to see you it's because I pretty much stayed at home to mend).

A few days after my surgery I flew to Ft. Benning Georgia to see Zach (my brother) graduate from Army bootcamp. I was so proud of him. He was the best marksman in his whole graduating class. He got a medal and everything for it. Pretty cool. He really likes the army and it seems like it's a great fit for him. We got to hang out with Zach and family for the next few days before I flew back home. Zach got assigned to Ft. Drum, NY where he is right now. He's doing well, but I do miss him.















Chris and I just got done with our memebership classes at Sojourn and we're thinking we'll serve as community group leaders (small group leaders). They need more leaders and we think it will be a great way to help out and do what we love to do.

We had about a foot of snow this weekend in Louisville. It was nice to stay home, cuddle up, and watch some movies. The roads are fine now, so it's back to work tomorrow.




Chris likes his classes this semester and has just applied to start subbing in the Jefferson County School District on his free days.

That's about it! We miss you all and will hopefully get to see you in June!

Love Chris and Andrea

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well! It's so cool that you have 20/20 vision now!

I don't know if you have the link to our blog or not. It's:
http://nathanandrachellambes.blogspot.com