Saturday, November 3, 2007

November Already!



















The latest update!


I've been scolded by Cassie because I don't update the blog often enough. So sorry, I'll try and do better. BTW...I learned in my voice and diction class that you do not pronounce the "T" in often.
Josh and Cherish just visited this week and it was such a refreshment for us! They arrived on Saturday and we took a tour on campus. Then we went to a carnival at church and at some free food and watched the first Die Hard:) On Sunday we went to church and toured the town. The boys watched football while Cherish and I watched Sense and Sensibility. Now that's a good Sunday. We took at tour of Louisville and went to eat at the Irish Rover. The only problem was that it is closed on Sundays. Bummer. So we went to this BBQ place which was pretty good.
Josh and Cherish visited classes on Monday and Tuesday. I got sick on Monday and came home from work early. I'm feeling better now, but poor Cherish had to share a bed with me all week so I hope she didn't get sick.
Chris took them to the airport on Wednesday and that was it. We had a great time. It was good to have friends here that you already know and who already know you.

My brother, Zach, has joined the Army. He is now in bootcamp. He wrote me a letter and it was great to hear from him. I'm excited for him, but I hope everything goes well and he makes friends. I think this will be a good experience for him. Pray for him when you think about it.
On Halloween I was sick:( All I wanted to do was watch Hocus Pocus and fall asleep on the couch. Unfortunately it was already rented at blockbuster, no doubt by some 12 year olds, and I was too tired to go hunting around for it. After dinner Chris went to "study" but really he went to hunt down the movie for me. He went to about 8 blockbusters, walmart, target, best buy, and finally found it at a blockbuster in the ghetto. He bought it for me along with the next book in a series I'm reading right now. He came back home and I got to watch it while eating a sherbert shake and blowing my nose every 5 minutes. And that's they story of how Chris saved Halloween. I'm so lucky:)
Chris was also a great sport. I had this clever idea to paint our faces for Halloween and take pics and send them to our fam. Great idea right. So, I looked online and found this girl with her face painted like a panda. Perfect. So, Chris painted my face which was much better than my painting on his face. You can see the process in our pictures!
Not much else is happening. Chris got the RA (resident advisor) position on campus that he applied for. He starts in next week. He's studying and writing papers. He only has 4 weeks of class left before his finals. I'm taking a world views class right now with Dr. Moehler. It's very interesting and I'm learning a lot. Nathan Wood is coming to visit this weekend and we're both excited. Okay, I'm going to finish watching High School Musical 2 now. (which is basically a dirty dancing rip off-though not as good but probably more clean). It's my Saturday activity before I cut coupons and make my grocery list for tomorrow. What an exciting life I live:)
We love and miss you all! We're praying for you back home!
Love,
Andrea






1 comment:

Mama Jessica said...

I totally love the panda bear faces!