Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

So what’s been happening in KY?
Our friend Nathan Wood came to visit a couple of weeks ago for the weekend. It was so nice to have him here. We all went out to eat and to a movie. Then he and Chris hung out the rest of the time, going to Starbucks, playing racket ball and touring the town. We had a blast with Nathan and I hope he can come back again and stay with us.

It was nice to have Thanksgiving day off. For Turkey Day Chris and I went to serve lunch at Wayside Mission center, however they had too many volunteers so they sent us home. Bummer! That was our big plan for the day. We came back home and watched football and relaxed. I made chicken (no turkeyL) , stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I also made my first apple pie and it was delicious! Way to go me! That night we went to see a movie. There wasn’t much out that we wanted to see so Chris let me pick. It was either Fred Clause or Enchanted and Chris doesn’t like Christmas movies, so Enchanted was the winner. Chris is such a sport! The movie was cute but definitely cheesy and girly. I kept hearing Chris make these disgusted noises and see him roll his eyes. He was almost more fun than watching the movie! That night we went home and ate the apple pie with ice cream and watched Shreck 3, which we were both disappointed with.

I was so spoiled working at HHBC! We had great time off. Way to go HHBC for blessing your employees. Now that I work somewhere else I see how other places are and it’s definitely not as fun. I had to work on Friday after Thanksgiving. There were probably only 5 people there on Friday and I had about 15 phone calls during the whole day. Talk about pointless and boring. I read a book the whole day. This weekend I’m going to brave the crowds and shop. I love shopping when it’s crowded. Crazy huh! I’m also going to decorate the house. My tree is about 3 feet! Much different than last year. Last year it took me the whole day to decorate and I bet it only takes me about 30 minutes tonight!
Chris has finals this week, so he’s busy studying. Pray for him when you think about it. I finished my worldviews class, so I’m done until January. We are excited because next weekend when Chris is finished with finals, Dennis and Marcia are coming to visit. We have missed our family so much so It’ll be nice to have them here. Hopefully it will look better than when they last saw it.

I guess with the holidays here, I’ve been a little sad and homesick. Not a ton, but a little. I put in my Harry Potter CD the other day, so I could hear me and my friends singing. It warped me back to our recording days and all the fun we had. I’m also very glad that there are restaurant and store chains. It’s like having some friends in another state. Barnes and Noble, Panera, Starbucks, Target. Those are some of my friends here. It makes it feel like it’s not that far away, ya know.


Anyway, not much else is happening. We miss you all and we’re excited to come home for Christmas! Until then-enjoy the season and soak it up. Tell someone you love them and give them a hug. Drive down the street and look at the Christmas lights and the people. Celebrate God and all He has done! Thank Him for giving us life and hope in Jesus.



Love you! Andrea










1 comment:

Rachel said...

haha- I love that last picture!

Did you leave that gorgeous bread outside my door?! You're awesome!

We need to hang out soon :)